Mica Mountain Leadership
The class is primarily experience-based and emphasizes the importance of communication, character, personal growth, and building strong relationships and teams. Also covered will be listening skills, synergy, perceptions, conflict styles, personality, and group formation. A variety of initiatives will be used to facilitate the learning of skills and, along with various media, reinforce those skills throughout the semester. Course Learning Targets/Power Standards:
- Leadership is the skill of influencing others to enthusiastically do your will, for the common good, because of your personal influence.
- Authority/Influence is a skill-based on serving and sacrificing for others whereas power is an ability based on force, position, status, might etc.
- Love is not how you feel towards others, but behave towards others by meeting their legitimate needs not wants.
- You are born with your personality, but you can choose your character daily through the thousands of choices you make daily.
- Intentions + Actions = Will (which is a choice)