Mica Mountain Leadership
The class is primarily experience based and emphasizes the importance of communication, character, personal growth, and building strong relationships and teams. Also covered will be listening skills, synergy, perceptions, conflict styles, personality, and group formation. A variety of initiatives will be used to facilitate the learning of skills and, along with various media, reinforce those skills throughout the semester. Course Learning Targets/Power Standards:
- Leadership is the skill of influencing others to enthusiastically do your will, for the common good, because of your personal influence.
- Authority/Influence is a skill-based on serving and sacrificing for others whereas power is an ability based on force, position, status, might etc.
- Love is not how you feel towards others, but behave towards others by meeting their legitimate needs not wants.
- You are born with your personality, but you can choose your character daily through the thousands of choices you make daily.
- Intentions + Actions = Will (which is a choice)
For more information on our Mica Mountain Leadership courses please contact Mrs. Webb